POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Arealights questions.... : Re: Arealights questions.... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arealights questions....
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 17 Mar 2004 03:57:22
Message: <405812f2$1@news.povray.org>
> By the way, you can see on winosi home page a render made with
> povray and an usual (and not very accurate for this purpose) arealight.

Yes, in fact I contacted the author of WinOSi some time ago and you will
soon see a rewamped page, including a new and up-to-date POV-Ray rendering.

> I run this scene to demontrate the use of a different kind of arealight
> for realistic results.

It's very interesting, but unfortunately I haven't understood everything
about it. I'm not a whiz-kid when it comes to math.

> I hope someone will be interested in making such a feature more
> easy to use without any trick :-)

I'm sure that we, here at the POV-Ray community, would be very interested to
improve POV-Ray but to get the wise peoples attention, maybe you can post a
more concise layout of your idea. What you posted was fine, but ...for
example, me... I don't get it... Are you saying, the spreading of light from
a flat area-light is not realistic? That it should have a stronger intensity
at the center?

This may be unrelated to your proposal, but are you aware that realistic
light sources should always have the following statement: "fade_distance 1
fade_power 2".

Regards,
Hugo